How To Assemble the Journeyman Pedestal Base Kit (Part #1186)
Thank you for choosing Osborne for your table project! We have written these instructions to make assembling your new pedestal as easy as possible. If you have any questions, feel free to call our friendly customer service team at 800-849-8876!
In this box:
- One pedestal center with pre-drilled holes
- Four pedestal feet with bolts, nuts, and washers on one end
- Four pedestal arms with bolts, nuts, and washers on one end
- Eight cross-brace pieces with bolts, nuts, and washers on both ends
You will need:
- ½” Wrench, or Ratcheting Socket Wrench
- Screwdriver (flathead or Phillips)
1. Locate the cross-brace pieces. The angles on the ends are different. The flat on one end is 2 7/8” long and the flat on the other end is 3 ½” long.
2. Line up the cross-brace pieces with all of the 2 7/8” sides closest to you. This will be the side to insert into the feet and arms.
3. Locate the pedestal feet. The feet have the plastic levelers installed on the bottom.
4. Loosely attach one cross-brace piece to one foot piece. Make sure the 2 7/8” long flat is against the foot. When installed, the hanger bolts on the foot piece and on the cross-brace piece will point in the same direction.
5. Repeat with the other three feet pieces.
6. Stand the pedestal center on one end (both ends are the same).
7. Insert the hanger bolts on the foot and cross-brace assembly into the pre-drilled holes on the pedestal center.
8. Level and tighten the foot first. Then tighten the cross-brace at the center. Lastly, tighten the attachment of foot and cross-brace.
9. Repeat with the other three feet.
10. Locate the pedestal arms. The arms do not have levelers installed. (There may still be an extra predrilled hole on the arms.)
11. Loosely attach one cross-brace piece to one arm piece. If the arm piece has an extra pre- drilled hole use the hole closest to the middle of the piece. Make sure the 2 7/8” long flat is against the arm. When installed, the hanger bolts on the arm piece and on the cross-brace piece will point in the same direction.
12. Repeat with the other three arm pieces.
13. Flip the pedestal center over so that the attached feet are on the floor.
14. Insert the hanger bolts on the arm and cross-brace assembly into the pre-drilled holes on the pedestal center.
15. Level and tighten the arm first. Then tighten the cross-brace at the center. Lastly, tighten the attachment of arm and cross-brace.
16. Use a screw driver to adjust the levelers on the feet as needed.
Attaching a table leg using a metal corner bracket
Painted Kitchen Island Legs for Contempory Kitchen Style
How to Construct a Mission-Style Coffee Table
How to Install Equalizer Slides for Pedestal Tables
Share Your Project
Dining Table Extends to 16 Feet with Osborne Table Slides
Installing Bun Feet
Osborne Wood Products Sustainability Statement